- This event has passed.
Single Session Work
April 8 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$210.00
Single Session Work (SSW) describes a model of service delivery that acknowledges the likelihood that many clients will access a service only once or twice. This approach makes the most of each encounter with clients by treating each contact as though it may be the last, while laying the foundation for ongoing work, if required.
This workshop introduces the aims, practice principles, and techniques of SSW. Participants learn a range of skills associated with SSW, and explore implementation strategies for various service settings.
On completion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Describe the history, philosophy, and practice principles of the SSW approach
- Explain what SSW is, and what it is not
- Describe various applications of SSW ideas
- Identify indications and contra-indications for using SSW
- Identify particular skills associated with SSW, including intake, session, follow-up, and relevant paperwork, and apply these to their work with clients
- Develop a plan for implementing SSW in their service setting
Who Should Attend
Professionals, including counsellors, therapists, case managers, team leaders or managers interested in understanding and/or applying a SSW approach either in their individual clinical practice or as a treatment modality within their agency.