Introduction to the Specialist Homelessness Sector (2 days)
March 4 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$100
The Introduction to the Specialist Homelessness Sector training is intended for new practitioners to the SHS. The training provides a broad overview of homelessness in Australia and how we respond to it in Victoria. It provides a consistent understanding of the extent, causes and effects of homelessness. And it provides an overview of the SHS, social housing and the related policy frameworks. Attendance on both days is essential.
The training focuses on
- causal and structural drivers of homelessness
- how the SHS operates
- the roles and responsibilities in the SHS
- the social housing system in Victoria
- challenges consumers face
- current issues that impact on the sector
Attendance on both days is essential.