Healing Aboriginal Families
June 25 @ 9:30 am - June 26 @ 4:30 pm$420.00
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, as individuals and within their families and communities, have been profoundly hurt socially, emotionally and spiritually by layers of historic, social and cultural (complex) trauma across generations. This workshop provides a space for having conversations that enable recovery and healing and the means for preventing further hurts.
During this 2 day integrated workshop workers will:
- Learn practical ways of utilising strength-based approaches
- Explore and deeper understandings of trauma from historical collective contexts and narratives around loss, grief, and shame.
- Provide a taster for those considering Family Therapy training at The Bouverie Centre
- Build practical skills around developing therapeutic healing relationships & explore culturally appropriate genograms
- Provide awareness of the principles of cultural safety when working with families
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in or currently working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults, children and young people and families from a range of settings including: health, education, justice and social and emotional wellbeing.
Allison Elliott & Kelly Tsorlinis