Based on Victorian research, this training explores how technology is being used to perpetrate family violence and the ways adult survivors and advocates can respond to increase safety and perpetrator accountability.
This course covers:
- Understanding the unique and changing ways technology is being used to exert power and control over women and their children (ie. through Facebook, Twitter, ‘Revenge Porn’ etc)
- Different types of technology used and the impacts on women and their children
- Risk Assessment and intake processes
- Safety planning approaches
- Safety tips for women
- Advocacy options for family violence workers (including legal responses)
- Agency frameworks for a more comprehensive approach to digital safety.
The course will be held in Shepparton and further details about the venue are available from DVRC.