Managers have an important part to play in promoting the well-being of their staff in the workplace and in supporting staff who may have mental health issues. Recent Australian research has demonstrated that training managers to identify staff who may have mental health issues and to intervene early to support them has substantial benefits for the affected worker and for the organisation.
This half day workshop will:
- Help the participants recognise when a staff member may have mental health issues.
- Highlight the need for managers to act early in providing support to staff.
- Develop the skills of managers in communicating in a productive way with staff regarding the staff member’s well- being.
- Enhance the participants understanding of the barriers that may exist in helping staff remain at work or return to work and be provided with strategies to overcome these barriers.
- Develop the skills of managers in supporting staff in the workplace and in developing return to work plans.