- This event has passed.
Is social housing infrastructure?
February 11 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm$88.00
There is widespread recognition that Australia needs more affordable housing. AHURI research estimates a need for an additional 727,300 social housing dwellings across Australia over the next 20 years to meet the current shortfall as well as future need.
Against the backdrop of recent affordable housing policy announcements, this event examines the questions—Is social housing infrastructure? How successful are infrastructure driven social housing strategies internationally? What are the alternative investment scenarios to fund affordable housing in Victoria and Australia?
This first Discussion Series event will be held in Melbourne and brings together thought leaders, policy makers and industry to explore this important topic.
- Associate Professor Julie Lawson, RMIT will explore the key findings of the AHURI Report—Social housing as infrastructure: an investment pathway.
- Dr Jonathan Spear, Executive Director and General Counsel, Infrastructure Victoria will explore the case for social housing as infrastructure in Victoria.
- A panel of experts from the private and public sectors
This event will be followed by informal networking drinks and refreshments.
Who should attend?
- Federal and state/territory government policy-makers from the housing, planning, infrastructure, finance and human service sectors
- Community housing leaders and practitioners
- Private sector practitioners and financiers
- Peak industry representatives (community housing, social services etc) and sectors with an interest in affordable housing (homelessness, Indigenous, disability etc.)
- February 11
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Event Categories:
- Forum, Social Housing
- Australian Housing and Urban Research Institute
- 9660 2300