The course is designed to:
- give participants an understanding of the emotion of anger in human interaction.
- teach strategies for minimising the risk to themselves and others from angry individuals.
- encourage participants to be flexible in their response to individuals who may be angry or threatening.
- teach practical, simple strategies for managing their own anger in situations of threat.
- broaden the range of strategies that may be employed by individuals in situations of threat.
- give participants an understanding of the important legal issues relating to managing violent situations.