- This event has passed.
Community Services Industry Planning: Bendigo Consultation
October 6, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pmFree
Why is industry planning being undertaken?
Change has been constant for community sector organisations with dramatic shifts in the way services are delivered. There has been the onset of major trends and reforms such as the move to person-centred funding approaches which require services to be more responsive to service users, increasing demand for services, greater competition between providers, funding uncertainty and governments wanting to see the outcomes from the funding they provide.
There is also increasing recognition that not one service type or sector is able to meet the holistic needs of people facing vulnerability, poverty and disadvantage. Traditionally there have been disjointed policy settings which have led to a fragmented and poorly coordinated service system, with services that do not ‘join up’ cohesively to deliver positive outcomes for people.
The sector and government now have a real opportunity to work together to create a whole of Community Sector Industry Plan that articulates the vision and steps needed over the next 10 years.
What will community services industry planning achieve?
Industry planning over the next 10 years will:
- set a vision for the community services of the future
- take account of the seismic economic, technological and social shifts that will impact on service delivery in the future
- move the current fragmented system towards a co-ordinated, person-centred experience of community services
- provide a unifying, longer term plan to support the industry
Key priority areas for community services industry planning will include:
- Workforce of the future
- Strengthening outcomes
- Embedding evidence
- Information sharing and technology innovation
- Flexible, person-centred funding models
- Regulatory frameworks
- Client-centred services
- Place-based systems and services
- Governance and leaderships
- Organisational and industry readiness.